CPS STAGE: FIND THE QUESTIONS
ABOUT THIS STAGE
The CPS process, in addition
to helping you solve a problem with creative thinking,
also helps you make sure you are
solving the right problem.
When you Imagine the Future, you
envision a desired future state, in broad terms.
In this step, you focus in on what is needed to make that future come to be: you identify the questions which need to be answered, and the problems that need to be solved.
When Finding the Questions, use these
- Using divergent thinking tools, generate many possible questions and problem statements.
- Begin the questions with "How to...",
"How might...", "In what ways might...", or "What might
be all the...."
- Using convergent thinking tools, select one well-defined
question to carry forward. You may
need to reword, rework, or strengthen the statement
before it's ready.
This step is closely related to the previous one, Imagine the Future.
these steps represent the process of knowing what specific
problem you are trying to solve.
Here are some choices:
- Click any part of the model above to examine that stage in
- Continue the tour in a linear way by moving
on to Generate Ideas.
CONTACT US WHEN YOU ARE READY
When you're ready to
talk to us about teaching you this process or facilitating
a problem-solving session, just holler.